Fri 8th Feb 2019
Vacancy: Accounts Clerk/Administrator
Cricket Leinster wish to appoint an Accounts Clerk/Administrator. To apply please submit your CV and a covering letter, taking note of the Job Description (see below) and email it to Kevin Gallagher, Cricket Operations & Administration Manager, Cricket Leinster (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Accounts Clerk & Administrator - Candidate Brief
Cricket Leinster is the governing body for the game at participation levels in the Leinster area, representing the interests of both the men’s and women’s game.
As the dominant team at Inter-provincial level over the past five years our success over the last decade has resulted in the rapid growth of the organisation. Our club based playing strength continues to grow at Men’s, Women’s and Youth levels with over 10,000 participants across age levels and the number of cricket players in Leinster doubling over the past three years.
With 42 affiliated clubs throughout the province taking part in competitions spread over 20 Senior Divisions and 40 Youth Divisions Cricket Leinster is the largest Provincial Union and operates both strong governance and oversight and a strong volunteer ethos and culture.
Cricket Leinster is keen to appoint someone on a full-time contract basis to support our accounts and general administration processes. The role will incorporate financial administration, competition administration support and ad hoc administration in the areas of compliance and operations. The role will be based from our offices at 13 Sandyford Office Park.
The primary responsibilities of this role will include:
- Assist in the administration of financial transactions
- Responsible for processing supplier payments and raising invoices
- Responsible for running and reviewing accounts reconciliation reports at specified intervals and on an ad-hoc basis
- Manage Petty cash, maintain appropriate records and prepare regular reconciliations
- Support and contribute to the year-end audit process
- Support the maintenance of proper systems of financial control
- Processing of scorecards for all Women’s and Open Competitions
- Collation of league tables for all Women’s, Youths and Open Competitions
- Managing fixtures scheduling and databases
- Managing our player registration system (including Open, Women and Youth comps)
- Providing analytical support to competition committees
Compliance and Operations Administration
- Assist in the management of the Cricket Leinster Offices, including input to the creation and adoption of office policies and procedures
- Offer administration support to Accreditation Committee with respect to database management for club information
- Support our Child Protection administration functions
- Ad hoc logistical support at major Cricket Leinster events, including cricket matches
This list is not intended to be exhaustive and further tasks may be required from time to time.
EXPERIENCE and SKILLS REQUIRED of the ideal candidate
- A proven record in a similar administration role
- Accounting / Office management experience
- A working knowledge of financial/accounting systems, ideally AccountsIQ
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- A positive attitude and excellent communication skills
- Strong organisational skills incorporating excellent attention to detail
- A knowledge of the cricket landscape in Leinster, together with a broad interest in sport would be a distinct advantage although not essential
- The ability to work well under pressure and to meet deadlines
- Access and capability with Microsoft Office.
Please note that applicants must be eligible to work in the Republic of Ireland. This appointment is for an initial 12-month part-time contract (25 hours per week) commencing as soon as possible with a salary commensurate with the importance of this position,
The closing date for applications will be 12 noon on February 22nd, 2019.
Letters of application and full CVs should be sent by email to Kevin Gallagher, Cricket Operations & Administration Manager at Kevin.Gallagher@cricketleinster.ie and will be confidential.